If you love the luxurious feeling of a hotel bed, it can be a real treat to recreate it at home. With the right bedding and a little know-how, making your bed like a hotel isn’t that difficult.
1. Start with a good mattress
A good mattress is essential to the luxury hotel experience. Most hotels use hybrid mattresses or memory foam that provide the optimum support and comfort for a great night’s sleep.
2. Choose a premium sheet
Most luxury hotels use sheets that have a high thread count, usually 300 or higher. These are made from long-staple cotton and feel soft and silky. They also tend to get softer with use and wear, giving you a classic hotel look for years to come.
3. Tuck a sheet underneath a blanket
One of the most common ways to make your bed feel like a hotel is to put a flat sheet under a duvet. This will give the bed a smooth finish and keep the blanket neat.
4. Add a throw or quilt to the bed for texture
A plush blanket or thin quilt is an easy way to add a sense of warmth to your room, especially during the colder months. You can even fold the blanket in half and place it across the foot of your bed to give a regal feel to the room.
5. Tuck your pillows into their pillowcases, tag-side first
When you are finished making your bed, it is always a good idea to tuck your pillows into their pillowcases. This is important for good sleep hygiene and will help you achieve the crisp, pristine hotel look.
6. Use a quality duvet insert and pillowcases
A hotel-style bed isn’t complete without quality bedding. A box-stitched duvet insert that feels like clouds and quality hotel pillows are the key to a good night’s rest.
7. A comfortable featherbed is the final touch
Using a high-quality, featherbed can be a key ingredient for the perfect hotel bed at home. Discount stores often have some great versions that are just as plush and cozy as hotel-quality ones.
8. Adding a mattress topper is a great way to enhance the look of your bed and add extra comfort while you’re sleeping.
9. Using decorative pillows to add color and texture
A hotel-style bed is not complete without accent pillows. A lumbar pillow is a nice finishing touch, and you can also place a small decorative pillow on either side of your bed for more color and texture.
10. To finish off your hotel-style bed, you can layer a throw or thin quilt on top of the duvet and place it across the foot of the bed for added warmth and texture.
A hotel-style bed isn’t hard to create at home, but you should be prepared for a little work. You’ll need to choose the right mattress, premium sheets, and a comfy comforter or duvet insert. Then, you’ll need to learn the art of tucking, and you’ll want to take care of your pillows and blankets properly so that they last for years to come.